Saturday, November 13, 2010

What Does It Mean To Be A Rock Solid Woman?

What Does It Mean To Be A Rock Solid Woman?

I will never pretend that I have all the answers. The only reason I am "qualified" to write this blog is because God has laid it upon my heart to share with women about all that He has done in my life so that He can do a work in your life.

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." Psalms 40:2-3

If I were to reflect upon my life I would see a broken and selfish woman who loved to pretend that I was really something that I never truly was, a Christian. I left behind me in my quest to find true happiness destroyed lives and dreams. I knew of God, I went to church and grew up in a Christian home but had never experienced an encounter with The Living God.

I remember one night my son was asleep in his room and my husband had left me, too angry and hurt to even look at me or speak to me. I laid on the floor in the fetal position in so much pain believing that my life was over and I would never recover from the destruction I had caused. I thought of my precious son who was only a year old, who would never understand what had happened between his dad and I. Who I was sure at that time would never get the opportunity to have a relationship with his dad in the future, because of me.

I am reliving this moment for the first time now since it happend over three years ago. At the time I would never have recognized it as God doing a work in my life. Preparing me for a future that I could not comprehend.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity." Jeremiah 29:11-14

We all have been, or some of you still may be, held captive by the sin in your life. My husband did come back home to me and we worked on picking up the pieces of our broken marriage. It has taken almost three years to get to place where I am now. The Word of God is true when He says "seek me with all your heart and I will be found by you". I gave my life over to Christ with full abandon earlier this year.

A Rock Solid Woman is a woman who leaves behind her life of sin, all of the brokenness and destruction and chooses to follow Jesus. She says "here I am Lord, send me". We cannot change on our own, real life change comes from God alone.

The time is now to raise up an army of women ready to be radically obedient and full of the strength and power of the Holy Spirit.

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

I am never going to be perfect and neither will you. I still fall short every day. However, I know that God has amazing things in store for those who love Him "no eye has seen, no ear has heard". Let us walk this journey together. Take a big step of faith. Let go of everything and follow God. He has amazing things in store for each of us.

As I continue blogging I want to share with you all that God has given me. I believe that the way to teach and to learn is through transparency. So let us be bold, courageous and radically obedient!

Become a Rock Solid Woman for God!

1 comment:

  1. I have been so encouraged by the God-changes I have seen in your life! My friend, I have walked with you since that time nearly 3 years ago, and I am excited to walk with you in this journey now, taking a big step of faith to follow God with all my heart! Thank you for your obedience to God's call - you are making a great impact for His kingdom!

    ~Sarah C.
    Hillsboro, OR

    ReplyDelete