Monday, February 6, 2012

Prayer

Father,
My heart is full of joy as I sit and think about your marvelous works, your unfailing love, and your tender mercies that are new every moment. How can I not praise you? How can I not love you? How can I not serve you? My prayer is that I would be a woman who says "yes!" to you every day of my life. I pray that through my "yes!" others will say "yes!". My longing is that your message will permeate my soul and change my life. I want more of you now than I have ever wanted of me. You have given me so much, and yet you want to give me so much more. You want my life to shine your light and to proclaim your wonders. How great are you, O God! Higher than the heavens and deeper than the ocean is your love. May I have a committed faith, not just a proclaimed faith. May I have a faith that moves mountains and trust you through my fears and doubts. May I not see the present circumstances and shrink back, but someone who sees the present circumstances and praises you for what you are doing in me through them. May my life's goal be to bring your honor and glory. To love others the way you love them and to sacrifice my desires, my will, and my dreams and replace them for yours. I pray that every person who reads this will want the same. I pray that we will live for more than what we are settling for. I pray that we would cast aside everything that hinders us and the sin that so easily entangles and run the race marked out for us with perseverance. I am all in God. May our hearts be awakened with your presence. May you speak to us so tenderly that it touches the very depths of our souls and requires response. To you, O God, I surrender. For you, O God, are all I am living for.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment